Many people say that life is a school.
But the truth that the years I have lived have taught me is this.
Life is not merely a school.
It is also a sculptor that chisels us a little more, every single day.
Life does not teach us its lessons only through books.
It teaches us through people.
It teaches us through success.
It teaches us through failure.
Sometimes, it teaches us in moments of laughter.
More often, however, the greatest lessons are learned in the quiet moments when tears fall unseen.
Life teaches us in countless ways.
Some experiences deserve to remain in our hearts forever.
Others are meant to be let go.
The day we truly understand what to hold on to and what to release is the day genuine peace begins to blossom within us.
I did not learn this truth from books.
I came to understand it by walking the long road of life meeting countless people, experiencing many relationships, enduring disappointments, celebrating joys, losing, learning, and rising again.
In our youth, we believe that everyone we meet will remain with us for a lifetime.
We think every friendship will last forever.
We expect every dream to unfold exactly as we imagined.
But life gently teaches us otherwise.
Some people do not enter our lives to stay.
They come only to teach us a lesson before moving on.
When we fail to understand this, we suffer.
When we finally do, we mature.
This is what I wish to share with you today.
Treasure the beautiful experiences in your heart.
Never forget the words that encouraged you.
Remember even those who extended a small act of kindness when you needed it.
Let gratitude always find a home within your heart.
But do not allow every painful memory, every person who disappointed you, or every failed attempt to take permanent residence in your mind.
A wound can never heal if we keep scratching it.
Let the memories remain if they must but never allow them to chain your future.
The greatest freedom in life is not having everything we desire.
It is gaining the strength to let go of what we no longer need.
A tree cannot welcome fresh leaves unless it lets the old ones fall.
Likewise, we cannot wholeheartedly embrace new happiness while clinging to old bitterness.
My young friends,
The world is moving at an incredible pace today.
Do not measure your life against the lives you see on social media.
Comparison is a thief that quietly steals happiness.
Your journey belongs to you alone.
No matter how fast others seem to move, continue your own journey with patience and peace.
You will make mistakes.
You will experience failure.
Some people will never understand you.
Some will not return the love you give.
Some may even break the trust you placed in them.
But do not lose faith in humanity because of a few people.
Do not condemn the whole world for the mistakes of a handful.
Not every experience comes to break you.
Some arrive only to make you stronger.
I do not write these words because I believe I know everything.
I write them as a fellow student in the great university called life still learning every single day.
But because you still have many miles ahead of you, I hope you need not stumble where I once did.
If you can understand in your youth what took me many years to learn, your journey may become even more beautiful.
Everything I share with you comes from what I have seen, learned, lost, endured, and rediscovered in my own life.
These are not commandments.
They are simply seeds gathered along the path of my life's journey.
If even one of those seeds falls into your heart, grows into a noble thought, and helps shape your life into something more meaningful, then this writing has fulfilled its purpose.
For I believe one simple truth.
A kind word can change someone's day.
A noble thought can change someone's life.
Know yourself.
Protect your mind.
Life will teach you what is worth holding on to and what is worth letting go.
The day you wholeheartedly accept that lesson, peace will be born within you.
And that peace is life's greatest wealth.
Life has not come to defeat you.
It has come to enrich you.
Understand this, and continue to shape yourself, little by little, each day.
One day, before the world looks at you with admiration, you will look at yourself with pride.
You can do it.
With affection,
No comments:
Post a Comment