Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2026

just a thought


After journeying through many years of life, I have come to realize that some truths are not learned from books; they can only be learned through experience.

One of those truths is this: the desire to change the world is a noble one.

But the journey of changing the world must always begin with changing ourselves.

When I was young, I thought differently.

I believed people had to change, society had to change, circumstances had to change, and injustice had to disappear. My heart struggled endlessly with these thoughts.

But over time, life gently led me to a profound realization.

If we devoted even a small portion of the energy we spend trying to change the world around us to awakening the goodness that lies dormant within us, the first wave of transformation would arise in our own hearts.

Only then would it naturally spread to our families, our friends, and eventually to society itself.

Love is not merely an emotion.

It is a way of life.

It is not a weapon to conquer another person.

It is a divine force that uplifts another human being.

Where genuine love is present, ego quietly steps aside.

Anger begins to dissolve.

Patience blossoms.

Understanding takes root.

Today, the world has advanced remarkably in knowledge.

It has reached extraordinary heights in technology.

Yet countless human hearts continue to wander in search of peace.

The reason is simple: while we have invested immensely in external progress, we have neglected the growth of our inner lives.

My dear young friends,

You are not responsible for changing everyone around you.

But you are entirely responsible for refining your own thoughts, your words, and your actions.

A kind word from you may become healing for someone's wounded heart.

A small act of compassion may rekindle hope in a life that is about to give up.

The genuine respect you offer may restore another person's sense of dignity.

This world is made beautiful not merely by great achievements, but by the quiet accumulation of countless small acts of goodness.

Throughout my life, I have met many people who possessed neither wealth nor power.

Yet the love they shared continues to keep them alive in the hearts of others.

At the same time, I have also seen people blessed with influence and abundance fade quickly from memory because they failed to leave behind the legacy of love.

That is why I wish to tell you this.

Search for the good person who still sleeps within you.

Bring that person into the light.

Awaken the compassion resting quietly in your heart.

Cultivate the strength to forgive.

Learn to rejoice in the success of others.

Make gratitude a daily habit rather than an occasional feeling.

When you change, your perspective changes.

And when your perspective changes, the whole world appears transformed.

Another lesson life has taught me is that being a good human being is never a sign of weakness.

It is one of the greatest forms of strength.

Anyone can become angry.

Anyone can hate.

Anyone can seek revenge.

But it takes a mature heart to love, to forgive, and to understand.

Every article I write has a purpose.

It is not merely to offer advice.

Rather, it is to share the little wisdom I have gathered from my own life—from the people I have met, the mistakes I have made, the lessons I have learned, and the experiences that time itself has graciously taught me.

If even one of these reflections becomes a small ray of light at a turning point in your life, I can ask for no greater joy.

I have never claimed that my words are the ultimate truth.

I simply offer a few truths that life has allowed me to discover, hoping they may become humble companions on your own journey.

Each one of you is unique.

Within you lie undiscovered talents, immeasurable love, deep compassion, and an inner light waiting to shine.

It is your responsibility to bring them forth.

Shape yourself.

Beautify your heart.

Sow noble thoughts.

Express genuine love.

Then the world you longed to change will begin to change—quietly, naturally, through you.

Such transformation requires no protests.

Love is enough.

A heart that sows love is enough.

Move forward with hope.

You can do it.

With affection,
Sakthi Sakthithasan

No comments:

Post a Comment